Douglas Steel was founded in 1952 by Douglas Reniger and Paul Gillett in an 11,000 square foot plant in Lansing, Michigan. By 1959 Douglas Steel began expanding with the construction of a new fabrication facility on the west side of Lansing. Within seven years the new plant was nearly doubled in size, creating over 50,000 square feet of fabrication space. Douglas Steel quickly developed a reputation as an aggressive and innovative partner in developing solutions to many logistics, scheduling and design problems.
As an AISC Certified Fabricator and AISC Advanced Certified Erector, Douglas Steel has earned the reputation of industry leader in the Michigan fabrication and erection industry while maintaining and outstanding quality and safety record. Douglas Steel specializes in fabrication and erection of healthcare facilities, office buildings, civic arenas, industrial facilities, warehouses, power plants, schools and airport terminals.
Some of the more notable projects completed or in process are Kettering University Learning Commons, Flint, MI - Ingham County Justice Complex, Mason, MI - Farm Bureau Building Addition, Lansing, MI - MSU FCU East Lansing Office Building - Tyson Foods USDA Bakery, Warren, MI - Wacker Chemical HQ Facility, Ann Arbor, MI - Beaumont Behavioral Health Facility, Dearborn, MI - MSU FRIB Facility - MSU Broad College of Business…..and many others.